November 28, 2008

I've a Love, a True, True Love...

Just jokes. I'm now closing in on 48 hours of being single... and I've gone from tears, to the numb hardened shell over my heart signaling the end of caring. I'm over it, over him.

Mom thinks he'll be back. He always disappears after I leave him. He'll be back, she just doesn't know if he'll be damaged or not.

And if he does come back, I'm not sure I'll let him back in. He's had two shots at perfection. Everyone deserves a second chance. But would he deserve a third chance to rip my heart open again?

As of now... No. The pain hurts. And this has happened twice now. Each time it feels like a lion raking it's claws into the tender tissue of my heart. As the wounds heal, they grow tougher, so it doesn't happen again.

But for today, I am proud to say that I am strong. I don't stay out for the count, but I bounce back quickly. I'm over what happened two days ago, and I'm over him.

These lyrics have been stuck in my head like.... all day.

Over You - Daughtry

Now that it's all said and done,
I can't believe you were the one
To build me up and tear me down,
Like an old abandoned house.
What you said when you left
Just left me cold and out of breath.
I fell too far, was in way too deep.
Guess I let you get the best of me.

Well, I never saw it coming.
I should've started running
A long, long time ago.
And I never thought I'd doubt you,
I'm better off without you
More than you, more than you know.
I'm slowly getting closure.
I guess it's really over.
I'm finally getting better.
And now I'm picking up the pieces.
I'm spending all of these years
Putting my heart back together.

'Cause the day I thought I'd never get through,
I got over you.

You took a hammer to these walls,
Dragged the memories down the hall,
Packed your bags and walked away.
There was nothing I could say.
And when you slammed the front door shut,
A lot of others opened up,
So did my eyes so I could see
That you never were the best for me.

Well, I never saw it coming.
I should've started running
A long, long time ago.
And I never thought I'd doubt you,
I'm better off without you
More than you, more than you know.
I'm slowly getting closure.
I guess it's really over.
I'm finally getting better.
And now I'm picking up the pieces.
I'm spending all of these years
Putting my heart back together.'

Cause the day I thought I'd never get through,
I got over you.

No comments: