May 22, 2010

Inspiration. New Safe Place. New People.

Inspiration finds me in unexpected places. Last night I was just going with Jana to Sugar Brown's, to hear some live music, soak in some atmosphere. Get out of the heat. All that jazz.

Eric from Philly and Alia were playing, part of their Half For Humanity Tour. Those two did an AMAZING Job. Alia's got lungs like no other, a voice that just roars into your heart, basically is the only way I can think to describe it. And Eric's lyrics were amazing little stories striking numerous chords with several memories of mine. Like he'd been hanging out in my head and put certain experiences into song. Love, love LOVE THEM.

I put a link up there, should totally check them out. =D (Cause I went through SO much effort to put in that hyperlink.)

So I'm feeling totally inspired to paint. There were paintings on the walls in the coffee shot. A phoenix sized abstract one that had me totally intrigued for like... 20 minutes at least. Of just looking at it trying to figure it out.

Got to sit and chat with Eric for a bit afterwards. Mentioned massage therapy he mentioned a possibly barter, which I totally would've gone for if I didn't have to work today. (Boo, work. Boo. (Jobs are nice to have actually. Funding. Whoo!)) Trying to keep it positive for another month. =) But maybe I convinced them to swing by Silver City sometime after I'm there. LoL. Party in Silver!

Ok. Sleep. I need. A lot of. Work was rather exhausting today. LoL. I want to go back to the coffee shop and let the creative juices flow and merge into new paintings, finishing current ones needing finishing. And I'm starting to repeat words...

Pete and repeat were on a boat. Pete fell off. Who was left?

Sleep.
I'm out.





No comments: